Job Title: Parts Associate
Supervisor: Parts Manager
Provide courteous, knowledgeable assistance to customers; perform cashiering, stocking and other duties to promote efficient functioning of department. Identify correct part numbers specific to a motorcycle. Resolve difficult customer problems in a courteous and professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide customer service to external customers.
- Meet customer needs, offers options, resolves problems and follows up with customers.
- Ensure full customer satisfaction without unnecessarily referring customer to other staff members.
- Maintain friendly, helpful demeanor.
- Provide professional, knowledgeable, courteous customer service.
- Assist customers in locating merchandise, take special orders, answer questions, and communicate policies on returns and exchanges.
- Monitor for shoplifting.
- Perform all cashiering functions in accordance with company cash handling policies and procedures.
- Check price tags for alterations.
- Does not accept checks unless processed through cross checks.
- Use appropriate verification procedures for credit card purchases.
- Keep sales floor neat, clean and fully-stocked.
- Shelve new stock, inform buyers of fast- and slow-selling stock, maintain thorough knowledge of inventory.
- Ensure merchandise is attractively displayed.
- Maintain cashiering desk/areas in a clean, organized fashion.
- Keep cashiering area well-stocked with necessary supplies, such as shopping bags, credit card drafts, etc.
- Assist with answering incoming calls and directing them to the appropriate person or department.
- Make tags for damaged merchandise, deliver daily to designated area.
- Comply with all company and department policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent degree or greater required.
- Experience: 1-3 years of experience required, with 3-5 years preferred; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to take initiative and problem solve.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present oneself as well as the company in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of applicable laws/policies/principles/etc.
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer and corresponding programs.
- Attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills and customer service skills required.
- Requires the use of both hands.
- Frequently required to bend, climb, stoop, crouch, reach, handle tools and lift 50lbs of material.
- Requires standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires the ability to balance and push a 600+lb motorcycle.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Potential exposure to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.