THE MOTORCYCLE COMPANY
Job Title: MotorClothes/General Merchandise Support
Supervisor: MotorClothes/Merchandise Manager
Pay Class/Status: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Handles cash and credit card transactions for the MotorClothes/Merchandise Department in a prompt and courteous manner. Provides support to the MotorClothes/Merchandise Department to contribute to the success of the department and the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service to external all of the dealership’s customers.
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Provide prompt and accurate service on the cash register.
- Initiate & maintain all related paperwork.
- Maintain friendly, helpful demeanor.
- Provide professional, knowledgeable, courteous customer service.
- Perform all cashiering functions in accordance with company cash handling policies and procedures.
- Follow the Premium Checkout Process the company has in place.
- Maintain accurate customer list in database.
- Check price tags for alterations.
- Does not accept checks unless processed through cross checks.
- Use appropriate verification procedures for credit card purchases.
- Monitor for shoplifting.
- Maintain cashiering desk and areas dust free, clean, and organized.
- Keep cashiering area well-stocked with necessary supplies, such as shopping bags, credit card drafts, etc.
- Keep sales floor and displays neat, clean and fully-stocked.
- Ensure merchandise is attractively displayed, well organized, and appealing to customers.
- Maintain showroom product availability by stocking shelves and displays.
- Assist with answering incoming calls and directing them to the appropriate person or department.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Notify customers when special orders or backordered items are received.
- Make introductions to other departments to ensure cross selling of motorcycles, Parts and Accessories, Financing, Insurance Products and Services, Warranties and Service Plans.
- Receive and process merchandise from distributors, checks merchandise received against purchase invoice, logs merchandise into inventory, and prepares product for showroom floor.
- Participate in periodic physical inventory of all merchandise.
- Assist with set-up and staging of special events such as Open Houses, workshops, fashion shows, etc.
- Follow all procedures to complete all paperwork and trackers accurately and in a timely manner.
- Remain alert and on the floor at all times.
- Comply with all company and department policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Experience with retail sales and cash handling.
- Be an outgoing, energetic people person.
- Be self-motivated, positive, driven, and helpful.
- Prefer knowledge and experience with selling of Harley-Davidson MotorClothes/Merchandise, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Experience with Point-of-Sale, or the ability to quickly learn due to general knowledge & experience with computers.
- Provide great customer service.
- Requires the use of both hands.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach and lift 50lbs of material.
- Requires standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.
- Normally indoors, however, some outdoor work is required during open houses or other events.
- The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
- Occasionally exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
In addition to the outlined essential job functions, the employee is required to complete all additional tasks assigned by his/her supervisor, as the supervisor sees fit for the position. Failure to comply will result in immediate discipline at the discretion of dealership management.
I have read and understand the duties, responsibilities and qualifications of this position and acknowledge that I can perform the essential functions of the job with or without an accommodation.
Employee Signature Date
Management Signature Date